Mudam Luxembourg seeks Head of Fundraising and Partnerships
Mudam Luxembourg – Musée d’Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean is the flagship museum for contemporary art in Luxembourg. Through its collection, exhibitions, programmes and partnerships, Mudam aims to advance its mission to collect and present the most relevant art of our times and to make it accessible to the broadest possible public, and to play a leading role in the promotion and understanding of contemporary art in Luxembourg and internationally.
Mudam is looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Head of Fundraising and Partnerships at an exciting moment in the museum’s history and to contribute to the successful realization of the museum’s objectives of increased access, visibility, ownership, and sustainability essential for the achievement of its mission. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the fundraising activities for Mudam and for providing strategic vision for the development of sponsorship, corporate donations, and philanthropic gifts. In particular, they will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure transparency and clarity of objectives for the museum at leadership level of the organisation.
Institutional Duties and Responsibilities
Part of the museum’s leadership team, the Head of Fundraising and Partnerships oversees a team of 2 sponsorship and event managers, and reports to the Museum Director.
- Definition and development of the long-term strategy for fundraising and sponsorship for the museum according to income generation objectives;
- Maintaining support from existing individual and corporate patrons and sponsors, and expanding that support base sustainably;
- Establishing benchmarks for partnerships including levels of engagement and privileges to ensure alignment with the mission and objectives of the museum;
- Enlarge the base of support from trusts and foundations, and legacy planning;
- Lead the Fundraising and Partnerships team in their activities of identification, cultivation, development of partnerships and revenue generation through targeted initiatives including exhibitions, education and the Mudam collection, and through cultivation events including opening dinners and receptions;
- Lead on cultivation strategy and activities in association with the American Friends of Mudam working in concert with the President and Board of the Association;
- Establish annual income generation objectives with the fundraising team, with the Director of Operations and Finance, and with the Director of the Museum;
- Oversee annual budgets and income generation analysis on a quarterly basis and prepare presentations at Board level;
- Represent Mudam nationally and internationally.
- Educated to MA or PhD level;
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience with a proven track record of success working in a development and fundraising role at a senior level;
- Creative and strategic thinker with a capacity to represent the museum and its objectives and ambitions;
- Commitment to the visual arts and the role of museums in society;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a capacity to distill complex ideas simply and convincingly;
- Incomparable organizational skills and ability to lead and involve others;
- Strong work ethic and record of ethical responsibility;
- Ability to travel and work extended hours when needed;
- Fluency in French and English; German and Luxembourgish an advantage.
Persons wishing to apply are asked to send a CV and cover letter with the reference MUDAM MECENAT to Frédéric Maraud, Head of Human Resources for Mudam, at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 28 June, 2019.
First interviews will be held the week of 8 July, 2019.
For further information, please contact Frédéric Maraud at firstname.lastname@example.org